Monday, April 23, 2007

My amazing mother!


I know when my Mom sees this picture she will want to kill me! But I love it! I am so grateful for the parents that God gave me and I wanted to take a minute to honor my Mom. She is one of the most amazing women I know. She is always doing things for people behind the scenes and never expects credit. On the weekends she drives an hour to my Grandpas and always cleans his whole house, does his laundry, and helps with whatever little other things he needs done. She also frequently takes time off of work to take him to all of his doctors appointments, not all of which are close, and sometimes is gone for weeks at a time. She also makes desert every week for my great aunt and then takes it to her on Sundays and just shoots the breeze for a while. She spends countless hours making afghans for people for graduation, baby's, or just because. She has an amazing gift for decorating houses and is always the first person that many people go to for help, and needless to say is there with her helpful ideas and often giving away her own things as well. That is just a start to my Moms love for people. I know that my Mom gets tired and I'm sure that sometimes the things she does are just plain draining, but she is the ultimate example of having a servants heart. If you asked my Mom why she does the things she does. She would probably say that's her job, and she does them because she knows how much it means to other people. What an encouragement she is to me. It doesn't matter if she WANTS to do the things she does, she simply does them to honor God and love people. I am so proud to be your daughter Mom! I sure love you!

No comments: