Thursday, November 20, 2008

My five favorite things, just for you Tiffany ;)



1. My family! I just LOVE the family that God has put in my life. My husband is so patient and loving and my best friend. It is so much fun raising our girls together and they are a blast. I never quite know what to expect with those two. I thank God every day and just pray that he allows us to all grow old together.
2. Christmas ;) Anyone who knows me knows that I am a little Christmas freak. I love everything about it the radiant glow of the lights, the cheery and warming music, the tickling of the senses with that amazing Cinnamon smell everywhere, and all the time I get to spend with my friends and family.
3. God. I know this sound very cliched but it's true. This last year Travis and I have just seen so much sadness all over from close friends to family to the wonder full clients I have grown close to at work. It has just been this tragic heap of sorrow: cancer, divorce, loss of loved ones. I guess I have reached that age where I no longer feel immune to the destruction that happens all around me. In the midst of all that happens God is so good. He is always faith full and I will never fathom his unending love for me.


4. The Shack. I am reading this book and am very much enjoying it. I have to be honest, at first I was a bit skeptical, the way God portrays himself and all, but the more I read the more I just love it. It is very unique but also scripture based. I am thinking I will have to reread it because there is just so much to take in. A heart wrenching story but a great read none the less.

5. And Last but not least friends. Some people live there whole lives waiting for the friendships that I am so fortunate to have. God made us relational beings and we all desire for that someone we can go to who will be there to support us, listen to us, and love us without conditions. We have so many amazing friends and I am so grate full for each and everyone of them!




No comments: